Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Decorating Questions Asked!!!!!

Oh Boy you guys, here we go for the 2nd!!! Tuesday's questions.
I got a lot of good suggestions for a better title.
Here are just a few, (actually, these are all of them).

BUT  before we get into that, I want to thank everyone for the support when I was messing up my template. Hearing from you really was comforting. I HATE that feeling in the pit of my stomach, when I realize that once again, I've screwed up.
I mess up so often, you'd think I'd be used to it!!!

But enough of that, (until next time), ON WITH THE SUGGESTIONS!!!!!


 I like the title Ask Away Tuesday, and I also like Ask Betsy. (Note:  I came up with the name: Ask away Tuesday, she's just referring to something I wrote to her!)

 Tuesdays suggestion: "Tell it to me Tuesdays"

Amy wrote:  
 How about Ask away...oy vey! or
Q&A...oy vey! I think that sounds just like you!

the misfit wrote:
Wasn't aware we were supposed to be thinking of titles for the feature. "Tuesdays with Betsy"? "The Trouble with Tuesdays" (except the day isn't the problem, it's the decorating challenges)? "Tuesday's Child's a Troubled Space"?  "How-to-sday"? (Excessively corny, I know.) "Twenty-Question Tuesday"
getgrounded  wrote:
How about Tough Love Tuesdays? Or "If this is Tuesday, this must
be Betsy?"

 I also think "Ask Away Tuesday" is a great title.

Rosemary@villabarnes wrote:
I actually like the previous suggestion of "Tuesdays with Betsy".
Free Question Tuesday. (this wasn't really a suggestion, it is just what Christine from The Tin Can Cottage, called it.)

O.K. I have my favorite in mind, but what do you guys think?

Sooooooooooooooooo................
Yesterday was kinda rough. I spent the whole day ruining my blog.
I was really excited when I woke up, it was going to be a WONDERFUL day.
I was having the microwave oven over my range taken out and a really nice stainless steel hood put up instead.
I'm not crazy about the look of a microwave over a stove, but it was practical, and it wasn't broken, so there it stayed.
THEN!!!!! Oh Joy!!!! The damn thing broke, and they don't make parts for it any more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WooHoo!!
Soooooooooooooooooooo........
After hours on the Internet, repeatedly changing my mind, trying to convince myself to be practical and get another over the range microwave.......
I DID WHAT I ALWAYS DO..............
Threw away practicality for looks.
This is the same way I used to date.
It didn't work then either.

Sooooooooooooooooo......
I web surfed for the smallest, prettiest countertop stainless steel microwave I could find. I would tuck it in next to my frig. I have the countertop space, so what the hell.
This is what I bought from Avanti, only $119.00....


It's really small:  11.25" H x 19" W x 15.75" D
fun retro look.
OK campers, these are the problems:
The timer doesn't show the seconds counting down, it reverts to the actual time, once the countdown starts.
I like to know how much time I have left when I'm cooking something, so I know just how much time I have to freak out.
next problem: Once it's done, it beeps a few times, like all microwaves do, AND THEN IT BEEPS EVERY @#$% TWO MINUTES AFTER THAT UNTIL YOU OPEN THE DOOR!!!!!!
Sooooooooooo, if you are cooking something in the microwave, while you are sitting at your desk writing,... oh, I don't know,... let's say...A BLOGGGGGG!!!!!, it keeps nudging you, and nudging you, and nudging you.  OY!!!!!
And the final problem:
It's so small, that it is too light. So when I go to open the door, the whole oven moves. I have to hold it in place with one hand, while I open the door with the other hand.
OY!!!!!

OK, so where was I?  Oh yeah, yesterday. So the really nice man came to take away my old microwave and install my new super duper very expensive hood.
And of course he couldn't finish the installation because there were old tiles behind the microwave that had to come out before the hood went up.
I will post all the pictures next week, after it's all done.
I am being VERY mature, and waiting PATIENTLY!!!!

OK, now for the linky party!!!!!
I copied this from savvy southern style, so thank you Kim!!!
(I hope it's OK, 'cuz I didn't ask)

"Please link up your intended post and not just your blog home page.
Please put a link or my party button in your post so others can find it and join in. The button is on my sidebar."

Ask decorating questions in the comments area below.  If you have a blog with corresponding pictures, link to that post.


If you don't have a blog, and don't have pictures, leave you question in the comment section at the bottom of this post.


If you don't have a blog, but DO have pictures, email me the question with the pictures, to: betsyspeert@gmail.com.


LASTLY!!!!!
Kim is having a give-a-way of my color decorating book, over at
Savvy Southern Style, I think she's doing it Thursday, or next week, or something like that. OY

20 comments:

Betsy Speert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sonny G said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Curtains in My Tree said...

I am glad I stopped by to get your updates

thanks for hosting questions and show & tell

Betsy Speert said...

HEY!!!
YOU GUYS!
This is a question link party.
Please only link with questions!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Betsy, I just linked my pics under "french flundering" ( don't even know if that's a word :) Anyway, my link is my blog post for Christmas, so outside of the added "pink" here and there, The rooms are pretty much what you see. I wanted to send you this post, because, it best shows my futile attempts at French Country Style. I do Love the All White Shabby Chic thing that's going on with a lot of Bloggers out there, but, I just can't seem to Ditch the "Cutness" in my Style Forte? What to Do? What is the Best Way to Get to the Place you Want to Go adding in your Own Style in the Mix? My "TinCanCottage" is pretty much me, but How do I incorporated that Style in my own Home?

Fun, but with Style?????

Burn Everything and Start Over????? Paint everything White? What to Add? What To Take Away?


I was really wanting to add more interest to my blog, by adding more pics of my 'real' Home, not just my "10ft" Cottage on Wheels, But Maybe, I'm Scaring People Away :D


Thanx for your "Free" Decorators Advise!


p.s. Link went through allright, but, I missed the box for my Question, so just In Case, I posted on this Reply to You, I hope it worked. "D
Smiles,

Christine

Betsy Speert said...

I posted this for Christine from The Tin Can Cottage. She needed a little help getting the question in the correct place. I am a full service blogger!!!!!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Betsy,
Thank you SO much for hosting this fun and informative Q & A party! My thumbnail pic to my post is #4 "Painting Woodwork". I have hated our dining room since we moved into our house 8 years ago, but have been busy with things like plumbing, wiring, etc. I want to paint the windows and trim a creamy white (and change the wall color to something lighter and more cheerful) but here is where I'm stuck. Can I leave the dark trim in the living room? The foyer separates the living room from the dining room, but I'm afraid it will be unbalanced. What do you think?

Your Color & Pattern book is one of my favorite design books in my collection and I would truly value your opinion. I could keep you busy for years!


To paint or not to paint...that is the question. :@

Thanks for your time, Vickie

Anonymous said...

hi Betsy, and thanks! I'm "getgrounded" from previous posts, and I posted link no. 5 - my perfect living room quest.
When you read my post, you'll see my goals of making my small builders tract home with no architectural interest look similar to a photo I found in a magazine that I fell in love with. When you see the photos, you'll see that I'm definitely not there yet. I have basically NO budget right now, so suggestions could be for DIY stuff, or feel free to lay out eventual stuff that I might someday have money for. Thanks! Robin

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

Hi Betsy...what a wonderful Blog you have! I have totally enjoyed going through the photo's of your Florida cottage restoration.. what a job! I just discovered your Blog through Brenda from Cozy Little House and I'm so glad that I did. I will be back with questions about my old farmhouse kitchen in the future. I look forward to following you....have a wonderful Wednesday!
Maura :)

Amy Chalmers said...

Me again! Love this party~I am link #6. I got a comment saying the rectangle shape of the new painting doesn't look right under the carved arch thing on the mantle. I thought it looked fine, but I understand what she meant. You put the round wire basket there~do I have to get a framed art in a curved shape?

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Happy Wednesday Betsy,

I love your writing style..it's like being in the room with you. Come for coffee someday, we would get along swell ;->

Looking forward to the answers to these decorating dilemas. Also, I had the exact same problem with my micro. I wanted to go as small as possible and bought one like yours. I have to hold the whole thing to get enough force to open the door and aslo have to hold it to close the door...sheesh! I currently have it unplugged and stashed away...I HATE how they look on a counter and the amount of counter space they steal away. I have been getting along without it just fine.
I pretend they were not invented yet...the mind is funny thing.

Enjoy the day

janet xox
http://theemptynest-janet.blogspot.com/

Curtains in My Tree said...

Oh Please Do remove me from your blog post #3 silver chest

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Hey Betsy,

I posted my dilemma #5, so basically my questions are in the post as to how I want to proceed with the type of window treatment in my main guest room. The configuration of the french doors and windows makes me a bit indecisive on the treatment. My gut tells me to go forward with a sheer type fabric with a light backing, therefore the panels will gather at each end of the windows nicely. So what say you??

Thank you for this venue of decorating questions/dilemmas...it is fantastic!

Christine said...

Thanx Betsy!:D You Sure Are! It is a privaladge to have you take a look see at my attempts at decorating"D
Can't wait to see what you have to say next Tuesday..."or do I" heeee heeee!
Smiles,
Christine

Anonymous said...

Betsy, when I posted earlier, my link was number 5, was I referenced above. I'm now #3 somehow! Just thought you might need that you keep it straight. It is labeled "My perfect Living Room quest". Robin

The French Hutch said...

Hi Betsy, I'm so happy to meet you and I sure appreciate Kim over at SSS for introducing you. I am your newest follower. I am going to enjoy all your post, I love you style and all the color you use. So glad to have found you………

~Emily
The French Hutch

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

This really is great! Thanks for all of the wonderful ideas! ♥

Eilis said...

#6 Please help me choose fabric for my dining chairs (lots of pictures on my blog). I found a paisley with the right colors...but I don't even know if I should go with a paisley. Thanks in advance.. I am a new follower of your great blog
Eilis
my-heart-lives-here.blogspot

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Hi Betsy, I'm no 7 in your linky. I am thinking about repainting the yellow and going to a creamy white? I have lots of gold framed art and plates on the wall?

Anonymous said...

Please help me before I lose my mind. I am redecorating a small bedroom. We had HW floors installed (a maple wood grain color). We have new door frame molding and closet door frame molding, crown molding, and baseboard to paint or stain. The walls are a light pink. I originally wanted to stain it all, but now I am thinking of painting the baseboard an ivory to match the ceiling and staining the crown molding and both door frames to slightly match the floor. Your thoughts PLEASE.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...