Saturday, December 29, 2012

Floral Cottage Bedroom

Even though I am down in Flerida for the winter, I still have a room to show you guys from my Massachusetts home.

I really don't know why I put together a guest room.
I don't like having guests.
They expect to spend the night.
Which means that they'll be there in the morning.
The only one
 who should be in my house in the AM is ME!!!
I don't want to sleep in their stinkin' house,
and I don't want them sleeping in my stinkin' house!!!

If you're reading this blog, 
looking for gracious tips on living....
go somewhere else.....

However!!!!!
I do like decorating bedrooms.
So I decorated a guest room
 that only has had two guests in my 8 years living in my condo.
I would like to note at this juncture.....
that's two too many!!!!!

I'm going to rename my blog.....
Betsy's Tips on Gracious Hosting!!!!

Come look at my guest room and leave!!!!!
That's going to be on my next needle point pillow!!!!!

Sooooo.....
without further ado.....
Here's my guest room.
Isn't it purty?????
I took this shot at night....
 it's all glowey and cozy.
The bed, rug, bed skirt, draperies, lamps and chairs were from my bedroom in my old home in Watertown.
Here's a shot of my previous bedroom.....
House Beautiful

Boston Globe Newspaper

Since I created a whole new look for my master bedroom in my condo,
I was able to use all my beloved furniture and fabrics in my guest room.
I didn't have space for a guest room in Watertown.
I never missed having one.
I am now beating a dead horse.

Anyway.....
back to my condo guest room.....
I had to add a dormer to the upstairs "room", 
that was actually nothing more than a large storage space.
The dormer doubled the floor area, and gave me the perfect place to tuck my iron bed.
The builder had to install collar ties in the ceiling to keep the walls from falling down.....
(they're the wooden beams, that actually hold the walls together....)
I left them rough, and just had them painted white.
Then I drove the wallpaper guy crazy, by making him wallpaper around them!!!!!
I chose a small floral paper for an all over cottagey pattern.
This is a picture I took at night, so it's not as yellowy as this picture,
 just a creamy background with pink flowers.

OK, I got off my @$$ and found a daylight shot.....
Now don't go asking me whose wallpaper this is.
I DON'T REMEMBER!!!!!
SO DON'T ASK AND MAKE ME FEEL.....
LIKE I'M LOOSING MY MIND!!!!
True to form,
I am going to make this a short post,
so I can milk this story for all it's worth.

Today I helped my friend Connie shop for her husband's bed.
She hates the way it looks and wants to redress it.
So,
tomorrow, I am heading out to her house to make the bed up into a pretty hedonistic place to lay his handsome head.
I will be taking before, during and after shots, to show you guys how the professionals make their beds look so wonderful.
Now.....
I better make it look good, or you all will know that I'm just blowing smoke out my.......
(now, Betsy, be a lady......hah!!!!!)

Have you all noticed how my blog is devolving???????
The more I write,
the smaller my filter...............
My fingers just move.......
and these rude words and thoughts just magically appear on the screen!!!!!

So,
On Tuesday, I will show Connie's man's room.....
then on Thursday I will return to my guest room.....
unless something else steals my attention.....

LOOK!!!!!
A BUTTERFLY!!!!!

Later, Gator
Photobucket
Partying at:
Between Naps On the PorchDIY Project Parade featured imageBoogieboard CottagePhotobucket  French Country CottagePhotobucketshabby creek cottageCLICK TO JOIN LINKY PARTY

24 comments:

Katie @ Wildwood Creek said...

This is the perfect cottage bedroom. This room should be in a movie!

Denise Marie said...

instead of butterfly my family says, "Squirrel?!" from the movie Up. lol lovely quest room. Betsy...I'm with you!! I know we are suppose to be Hostesses with the Mostest but I don't really want company hanging around my private space. Go away now!! lol

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

the cherry on the sundae was look it's a butterfly.

Andi's English Attic said...

I only began following your blog a little while ago and since then I've seen rooms that are the same shape and size as my own here in the UK. Your guest room looks like mine with the dorma and everything. Unfortunatly the room fronts onto a road and when I moved the bed in front of the window I got complaints (from my dear brother) that it was too noisy. It's since been moved again. The room is down for redecoration in 2013, so thanks once again for the ideas.
Have a great new year. xx

Amy Chalmers said...

y'all I have seen this room in person and it looks prettier than these pics! Its cozy and sweet and so charming. Betsy does it again!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't even read your entire post, it is so sad. You seem like an ungracious hostess and just plain rude. I am going to unsubscribe....

Anonymous said...

I love the room and don't mind visiting even though you would prefer no visitors! I'm an ungracious guest, so we'll be perfect! LOL

Love the room and truth is, I probably enjoy THINKING about being a hostess more than actually doing it!

Anonymous said...

Love the room and still have the magazine that it is in... Thanks for sharing the new version.... Teresa

fixitfaerie said...

Shiney object..........don't feel bad, most of us do it. And, I find your blog extremely funny whTen you are on one of your rants! lol I think your decorating is beautiful. You make your homes so cozy. I have a nice guest room (not as pretty as yours) I have only lived here since April '12. Lots of fabric and furniture, just needs to be finished. To be honest, my daughter is the only one I like to spend the night. She makes me a great breakfast and coffee in the morning. Then she can go home?!?...Happy New Year Paula Lusk (Laura Ashley has a wall paper that looks like ur guest room)

maerta said...

I absolutely LOVE the room! It's like a set of a beautifully simple french farm cottage in the woods!
I also think you write how most of us "feel" but don't have the guts to say it or write it! LOL!

Shingle Cottage said...

I LOVE the guest room and love that shot of how your bedroom use to look too,really pretty and oh so English,you really are a genius how you put everything together,i love how nothing you do is loud and nothing jumps out,everything just blends into a soft pretty picture for the eyes.

Marsha said...

Don't forget to share the new needlepoint pillow when it's done. Love that.

Lady Courtney said...

I too have a guest room that doesn't get used, (except for when my daughter visits, though I prefer to go to Connecticut to visit her), and it also has slanted rooflines, so cozy and pretty. I love the quilt that was on your bed in your old bedroom...so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Love this combo of fabrics, furniture & paper. Had a look around the Laura Ashely site recently & was happy to see the pretty prints again. Takes some people a Long Time to catch up :-)

tracy said...

hehehe ~ I can't help it....I love a rude hostess;-) if people feel the need to unsubscribe that just means there's more for the rest of us:) I love your stuff and your irreverent way of communicating. Happy New Year to you Betsy Speert!

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

Gorgeous, Betsy!! I featured this in today's The Tuesday Ten! Thanks bunches for stopping by the new year's eve edition of Mop It Up Mondays! You always link up such awesome stuff! http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2013/01/the-tuesday-ten.html
{HUGS},
kristi

Unknown said...

That bedroom looks extremely beautiful!


Hopping by and following your lovely blog's GFC. I blog @ Getting Healthy with Essential Oils

I am also inviting you to join Tiddle Diddle Handmade Shoppe's first giveaway event.

Roeshel said...

haha! You crack me up! I don't mind hosting guests or entertaining because I'd rather be in my own bed (rather than spending the night somewhere else). Your guest room is lovely, as always and that comfy beautiful bed is tempting. No fear...if I was to visit, I'd prefer a guest in FL this time of year anyway. ;)

lisa_d said...

I love places like that. I totally romanticize about living in a house like this!

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

I'm with you, I like sleeping in my own bed. It's beautiful as always. Thank you for sharing this at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again today. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

You've been featured (again) at Cowgirl Up!! Woo hoo.

Jessica@designerssweetspot.blogspot.com said...

Just thought I would say hi, I hopped on over from Cowgirl Up!

The Charm of Home said...

LOL! I love your tips on gracious living! I like guest rooms too, but no one ever stays in mine either! Such a beautiful bedroom! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Debra@CommonGround said...

Oh Betsy, such a wonderful feminine room. I adore all the florals and wallpaper, everything English Country and so cozy!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...