Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Kitchen Table For Kris

Kris and I wanted a somewhat primitive looking farm housey type table for her eat in kitchen.
Sooooooo.....
we skulked around some auctions, looking to make a cheap well priced score.....
The trick to getting a good deal at auctions is to figure out who else wants what you want, 
and then kill them.
This way no one will bid against you!!!!!!!
Just some professional advice for you amateurs out there!!!!!
Sooooo.....
we found a settle table.
For those of you who don't know what that is.....
(aren't you glad you read my blog, so you can be learning all this important type stuff?????)
a settle table is one that doesn't know what it is!!!!!
It thinks it's a table when it's really a chair.....
No.....
It's really a table......
No, wait-------
The top can flip up to form the back of the chair and the base of the table becomes its seat.
Since I didn't think to take pictures of it in both positions, I went onto google  and found some images.....
of a table with its top flipped up to make it into a seat!!!!!
Settle Table, Original Surface
Soooooo......
This becomes a really good way to tell when dinner is over......
The table disappears!!!!!

Over in the stove area.....
Kris copied me and hung a tray over her cooker.....
It's a black and gold tole one....
Can you tell that I'm just going over the few details I missed in my previous posts?????
No flow to this story line.....


Now we come to the really 
bizarre and strange
part of today's blog........
As you may know.....
my two oldest and bestest friends are June and Kris.
annnnddddd.......
they both have the same china pattern!!!!!!!
They each got it before they knew each other!!!!!
Next I'm going to find out that zombies really are real.......
I MEAN.....
I THINK THIS IS REALLY BIZARRO!!!!
Can you tell that I've been reading a lot of super natural trash lately????
I love a good creepy story. 
the weirder the better.
sorta like my blog.......
On this erudite note.....
Later, Gator  
Photobucket

9 comments:

Divine Theatre said...

Erudite indeed! (Big, maudlin wink)!
As an aside, rather than murder, may I suggest Duct Tape? It could tale them hours, even days, to extricate themselves...by then you will be on your merry way. They don't allow interior design in prison.
I was going to entitle this post; http://divinetheatre.blogspot.com/2012/12/welcome-st-nicholas.html
"Yes, Betsy Speert, There Is a Fireplace". Did I tell you that already? Santa made it through with gifts for Gracie, dogs and cats.
Are you having a Merry Christmas, my friend?

xo

Andie

Nutbird said...

My father's two sisters had the same china pattern. That way they could borrow each other's for large parties. I thought that was pretty smart. You feeling better? Ann

JoAnn said...

You are a HOOT!! So funny and fun gal...love reading your blog even though I don't always comment ...I enjoy them so much...so when I log on and see you have posted a new one...I nearly break my fingers trying to get it open to read FAST....they are the best! The only problem I have with them is THEY ARE TO SHORT...lol..wish they were longer but realize you probably don't have that MUCH to say....HA!! yeah right....

JoAnn

Anonymous said...

bookmarked!!, I love your website!
Visit my homepage - bostaditurkiet.net

Gramma Bottoms said...

You must be such a hoot to hang out with! Love reading your blog!

laney said...

...a cooker... now that is what i am going to start calling my stove...everyone will be so impressed (and a bit intimidated)...that they won't notice that i can't cook worth a darn...your blog always delivers...blessings laney

Town and Cottage said...

Love your blog! If you want to read a suspenseful creepy book, The Historian is a good page turner.

Al said...

That's my china pattern! And it was my mother's! When I was engaged many years ago, my mother went with me to pick out my china pattern. I picked something "modern" with a silver stripe. When we got home, I was quiet, and my mother asked me what was wrong. I told her that I didn't like the pattern I had picked. She asked me which pattern I did want, and I said, "Yours! The Buttercup! That's what I have always loved!" So, we called the store and made the change. Now, I have mine and hers, which I inherited. I still love it. In fact, today, I am going to get it out, wash it, and use it every day. Life is too short!

Anonymous said...

I too have Spode's Buttercup. I started collecting it in the mid-70s when I had almost no money. Each payday I would go to my local china shop and buy a single piece. I now have most of the serving pieces that they made. Seeing it in your post has made me fall in love with it all over again. Thanks!

Penelope Tucker

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...