Saturday, December 1, 2012

Stuff to Hang on the Walls

When it came time to adorn the walls of my buddy Kris's dining room.....
She decided that themed wall art was the way to go.
She had gotten such a kick out of all the dogs
 on the walls in her living room, that she figured......
if it was funny there......
it could be funny here!!!!!
Now, I love Kris dearly,
 as is evidenced by all the @#$ needlework I've done for her.
One of the reasons I am so fond of this chickadoodle,
 is because of her absolutely warped sense of humor.
My friend June is just as twisted, but  that's another story.....
anywho.....
back to Kris's dining room.....
She felt an appropriate theme for the artwork in this room would be.......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HEY!!!!
WHAT'S FOR DINNER?????
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Soooooooo.......
We covered the walls with oil paintings of.....
cows
sheep
cows
sheep
cows
sheep
etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.

These are some cows.....
Mooooo

These are some sheep.....
Baaaaaaaaa.....

These are some sheep and chickens and stuff.....
(that's a dog, not for dinner.....)

And so on.....
And so on
And so on....
They look really nice grouped together on a wall.....


On a different note.....
I found a better close up shot of the wainscot paneling I designed for the room.
Just in case anyone cares.....

That's it for today.
It's been snowing.
I HATE SNOW!!!!!
I am leaving in the next week or so for Florida for the winter...
YEAH, BABY!!!!!!
I have lots of projects waiting for me down there.
My friend Helene is chomping a the bit for me to get my beehind on the plane, already.
We are going to be working on her family room and pool area.
Lots of stuff to share with the class!!!!!
So, 
Latah, Gatah
Photobucket

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on down to Florida. Weather is great and the water clear!

bmayer said...

Yeah.....weather is great down here in Jupiter!

Rhonda said...

Wish you would visit Fort Myers!

Patricia said...

Wish you would visit Miami!

Be sure to let me know when you do!

Ana Maria

Divine Theatre said...

Come to Chicago! It's absolutely BALMY!



xo

Andie

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered about including a little bit more than
just your articles? I mean, what you say is valuable and all.
But just imagine if you added some great photos or video
clips to give your posts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but with images and
clips, this site could certainly be one of the greatest in its niche.
Excellent blog!
Also visit my webpage free iphone

laney said...

...love love love kris's dining room (actually her whole house...sheep...cows...chickens and all...the dog of course is rounding up dinner...cannot wait for our virtual florida vacation with you...blessings laney

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Betsy, those paintings are all wonderful. I have exactly one cow painting, and I bought it from an artist in St. Augustine years ago. It's more contemporary in style and is painted in pastel colors. Most of my animal paintings are dogs with a stray chicken and horse thrown in for good measure. But you definitely would not want a horse in the food groups on Chris' DR wall! ;-)

Great job as usual!

lady jicky said...

I do love her house and the paintings are divine!!!

South Of Atlanta said...

I was looking through some favorite past Christmas magazine issues and saw this dining room done up for the Holidays! Wow! Pretty cool and your picture was in there too. Love your blog and your comments.

Anonymous said...

I am in love with that dresser! It is amazing! Perfect as usual!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...